When it gets cold outside, my mind turns to comfort food. I’m talking warm, creamy, cheesy goodness, the kind of meal that has everything I need while being everything I want. I’m referring, of course, to the casserole. Casseroles are perfect for any meal of the day, whether you’re looking for an easy breakfast recipe or a quick dinner recipe. Just throw your ingredients in a dish and let the oven do the rest! And when it comes to simple casserole recipes, no one does it better than the Amish.
The Amish have been cooking up casseroles for generations, so you know they know their stuff. I can imagine that if you’re living on a farm, there’s so much to do that there’s not always time to prepare a big, fancy dinner. Sometimes you can’t just stay at the stove all day, which is where these Amish casserole recipes come in! In today’s day and age, although maybe most of us aren’t milking cows or herding sheep, we can probably relate to having a busy schedule—there’s always something important that needs doing. For days when you just can’t stay in the kitchen for hours at a time, the casserole is the perfect choice.
I’ve wrangled up twelve of our best Amish casserole recipes for you to cook up this season. Each of these easy casserole recipes calls for only the most basic ingredients, so if you don’t already have them on hand, you can pick them up with one quick trip to the store. No matter the occasion, be it an after-church potluck or a family breakfast, your family and friends will love these tried-and-true Amish recipes!
Amazingly Amish: 12 Classic Casserole Recipes
- Classic Amish Casserole
- Amish Yumasetti Casserole
- Amish Zucchini Casserole
- When the Bishop Calls Casserole
- Amish Style Ground Beef Casserole
- Shortcut Amish Friendship Bread Recipe
- Amish Style Chicken and Noodles
- 5-Ingredient Amish Baked Spaghetti
- Amish Ground Beef and Noodle Casserole
- Amish Cabbage Noodle Casserole
- Amish Bacon and Hash Brown Breakfast Bake
- Cheesy Amish Breakfast Casserole
Do you prefer breakfast casseroles or dinner casseroles? Let us know below in the comments!
- Recipes from World War II : 17 “Cooking on the Homefront” Recipes - February 25, 2021
- 10 Easy Recipes That Will Save You a Trip to the Grocery Store - February 23, 2021
- Top 10 Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes - February 14, 2021