One of the biggest dilemmas I face in the fall is what to do with the barrels of apples that get during annual trips to the apple orchard. One of my absolute favorite things to make with fresh apples is undoubtedly apple cake. A big slice of dense, moist apple cake is my autumn weakness, especially when enjoyed with a hot cup of coffee on a cool day.
Since there is no point resisting the allure of apples, below you will find 9 of the best apple cake recipes around. All of these recipes are easy to make and absolutely delicious. You should make at least one of these recipes before fall is over, but you should probably make them all. (Plus, October is National Apple Month. How could you NOT stuff yourself silly with apple cake?)
1. Glazed Fresh Apple Cake – This apple cake recipe is SO moist and light. The secret is shredding the apples instead of dicing them.
2. Warm Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake – The buttery cinnamon sugar crumb topping is the best part of this apple cake recipe. For the best fall dessert imaginable, dust a slice of this cake with a little powdered sugar and serve it with a cup of coffee.
3. Apple Butter Bundt Cake – Bundt cakes always make for show-stopping desserts, but you know you really have a hit on your hands when there is apple butter involved.
4. Sour Cream Apple Cake – The only thing better than eating a slice of apple cake for dessert is being able to enjoy the leftovers for breakfast. This Sour Cream Apple Cake doubles as both a dessert and a sweet morning indulgence. All other desserts need not apply.
5. Cream Cheese Apple Cake – We may have gone crazy for apple cake this fall, but we’re also craving cream cheese. This Cream Cheese Apple Cake Recipe offers the best of both worlds.
7. Cinnamon Cream Cheese Apple Cake – This gorgeous apple cake will have everyone in your house drooling. One bite of this moist and gooey apple cake will be all it takes to convince you to make this recipe every year.
8. Better Than Starbucks Apple Pound Cake – Why take a trip to the coffee shop when you can make your own delicious baked goods at home? This copycat recipe for Better Than Starbucks Apple Pound Cake will have you turning up your nose at the restaurant version.
What’s your favorite apple treat to enjoy in the fall?