If you’re like many other Americans, then you love your apple pie. This fantastic apple pie recipe will make you love it even more! The addition of maple syrup and whipped cream give this pie an amazing flavor that even the most finicky apple pie recipe aficionado will approve of. To coin a phrase, “c’est si bon!”
Baking Time: 55 minutes
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust, double crust
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups apples, peeled & sliced
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or 1/2 cup maple flavored syrup
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- maple sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare and roll out pastry for double-crust pie.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with half of the pastry. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the 1/3 cup sugar, the cornstarch and the salt; add the apples and gently toss till coated.
- In a small bowl, stir together maple syrup, whipping cream and vanilla.
- Pour over apple mixture and fold till combined.
- Transfer to the pastry-lined pie plate.
- Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate.
- Roll out remaining pastry and cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Alternately, you can roll out second portion of pastry to form a top crust; cut slits.
- Weave strips over filling for lattice crust.
- Press ends of strips into crust rim.
- Fold bottom pastry over strips; seal and crimp edge.
- Brush pastry with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. If you like, place the pie on a baking sheet to catch drips.
- Bake the pie in a 375-degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake the pie for about 30 minutes more or till the top is golden.
- Serve warm or cool.
Note: To make pastry cutouts on top of pie, roll out pastry scraps about 1/8 inch thick and use small cutters to form leaf shapes. Moisten with water and place on top of pie crust.
Want more great apple pie recipes? Read How to Make Apple Pie with the Best Apple Pie Recipes!
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 17, 2020
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2020
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 4, 2020