A great appetizer recipe can really bring the party to the next level. So, we think of it as our responsibility to bring you the best appetizer recipes that will have your guests wanting you to host a party every day of the week. Plus, it being Football season, every Sunday gives you the opportunity to make some great tailgating food for all of your football fans in your household. Watching football just wouldn’t be the same with out some great greasy food.
This brand new recipe for Bacon Wrapped Chicken Kabobs is an easy appetizer that comes together quickly. Seasoned with Heinz 57 sauce, honey and a envelope of ranch salad dressing, their tangy flavor will lead to rave reviews. And if that weren’t enough, they are then wrapped in bacon and thrown on the grill. It doesn’t get any better than that.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Kabobs
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Heinz 57
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- bacon slices
- wooden skewers
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the Heinz 57 and the honey.
- Place the ranch salad dressing in another small bowl.
- Dip a piece of chicken into the Heinz/honey mixture, then roll it in the powdered salad dressing. For variation, we did a combination of things. For some chicken pieces, we only used the Heinz/honey sauce and for some we only rolled the chicken in the ranch salad dressing.
- When your chicken is prepared, take a slice of bacon & wrap it around the piece of chicken, then place the chicken & bacon on a skewer.
- Slide another piece of chicken on the skewer & wrap the bacon around it, continuing until the entire slice of bacon is used. The bacon goes over & under the chicken, like a long S pattern.
- Grill the kabobs until the chicken is done, turning to brown all sides.