This post comes to us from our friends at BnBfinder, a special thanks to Marisa for this awesome muffin recipe.
After you check out this delicious recipe below, feel free to check out this recipe for tasty and healthy 6 Week Bran Muffins.
When I feel the urge to bake up something delicious, I always throw on my apron and reach for my muffin tin. Not only are they easy to make but also perfectly portioned to snack on! There are so many varieties to choose from including blueberry, pumpkin or corn. They all have something in common besides being muffins they make a super tasty treat!
If you’re looking for a unique recipe, try the Steiger Haus Muffins courtesy of the Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn located in Asheville, NC. It combines some of my favorite ingredients for a flavorful muffin including pecans, coconut and craisins. So, instead of going for a tried-and-true recipe this time, get creative!
Recipe: Steiger Haus Muffins
- 2 cups of all purpose flour (you can use one cup of white and one cup of whole wheat flour)
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of peeled, grated carrots (Here, you can use yellow squash, zucchini squash or more apple and less carrot and visa versa) You CANNOT alter the 2 cups though.
- 1 cup peeled, cored, and grated apple
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/2 craisins/raisins (whichever is your preference or they can be deleted entirely)
- 1/2 cup of sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup of olive, canola, or vegetable oil. (Butter can be substituted but of course then it is not entirely
- 3 extra large eggs
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (not imitation)
- 2 Tablespoons of Sugar (white or brown)
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix all ingredients for batter together, starting with wet ingredients, then add dry ingredients. Barely mix until flour is incorporated.
- Place equal amounts of batter in muffin tins (either greased or lined with muffin liners).
- Sprinkle with topping and bake. Bake at 375 for 20-25 min. Check at 17 minutes for differences in ovens.
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 17
This recipe is part of This Month’s Healthy Bite, check back at the end of the month for a round-up of all the best healthy recipes.
About the Blogger:
Marisa Santillo is the PR & Marketing Assistant for BnBFinder.com, a top rated bed and breakfast directory. She’s a connoisseur of all things sweet and salty and she loves to spend her time finding off-the-beaten-path restaurants and exploring her own hand in the kitchen. You can discover more innkeeper recipes here.
- Quick and Easy Dinner Idea: Four-Ingredient OMG Chicken - November 24, 2021
- Make-Ahead Baked Eggnog French Toast Recipe - November 20, 2021
- 4 Turkey Leftover Recipes That Aren’t Turkey Sandwiches - November 19, 2021