October is National Chili Month, and if you are always on the lookout for the best chili recipe possible, then we’ve got you covered. Each of the following recipes has something that makes it unique from typical chili recipes. If unusual chili recipes aren’t your style, we also have plenty of classic chili recipes to offer.
Of course, the best chili recipe is the one that doesn’t require you to slave over the stove for hours on end. These slow cooker chili recipes are all simple to prepare and cook for hours in the slow cooker, allowing you to celebrate National Chili Month while also saving you time and energy. You can prepare any of these tasty chili recipes in the morning and come home to warm and comforting chili that’s just waiting to be topped with your favorite fixings.
Best Chili Recipes
- Vegetarian Chili with Butternut Squash – If you have vegetarian friends or family, this is a great recipe to make for them. Kidney beans and chunks of butternut squash make this chili hearty and perfect for autumn.
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef Chili – This recipe is similar to your usual beef and bean chili, but with much more complex flavors. The steak used in this recipe also gives the chili great flavor and offers a nice change from ground beef.
- All Day Pumpkin Chili – Fall means all pumpkin, all the time. If you can’t ever get enough pumpkin-flavored goodness, then you must try this recipe that uses both pumpkin puree and pumpkin beer.
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chicken Chili – This tasty chicken chili is bursting with pumpkin, corn, chickpeas, and tomatoes. Cumin, chili powder, and adobo seasoning give this chili plenty of flavor.
- Sweet Potato Squash Chili – Sweet Potato Squash Chili is the epitome of dump-and-go. All you need to do is throw the ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning and come home to a tasty pot of chili.
- Slow Cooker Taco Chili – This recipe makes for the perfect marriage of tacos and chili. Taco seasoning gives the chili it’s unmistakably Tex-Mex flavor. Serve this chili over tortilla chips for the ultimate chili experience.
Still looking for more chili recipes? Be sure to check out our collection of 11 Easy Slow Cooker Chili Recipes for even more ideas on how to celebrate National Chili Month!
What makes your favorite chili recipe special? Tell us in the comments below!
- Easy Game Day Appetizers - January 9, 2021
- Slow Cooker Classic Christmas Cake-Mix Desserts: Sample Some of Santa’s Favorites - December 20, 2020
- Christmas Dinner in Your Slow Cooker: Make Your Holiday Efficient and Delicious - December 19, 2020