The Christmas season is finally upon us! While you’ve been running around trimming your tree, hanging up stockings, and baking your favorite traditional Christmas cookies, we’ve been gathering together our favorite Christmas recipes for you to make this year. Whether you’re having a small get-together with your immediate family or you’re taking part in a multi-day affair with relatives from around the country, there’s always an abundance of food to go around. The Mr. Food Test Kitchen and Everyday Diabetic Recipes have put their little elves to work to put together two free eCookbooks filled with the best Christmas recipes to make this year.
One of MrFood.com’s most popular eCookbooks was our 12 Days of Christmas Cookies eCookbook from 2011. With a variety of Christmas cookie recipes, all made with our signature “Quick & Easy” everyday cooking style, it’s no wonder it was such a hit! By popular demand, we made a sequel this year, using the best Christmas cookie recipes submitted by you, the readers, in the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies II. Check out some of the cookie recipes we think you’ll love.
1. Ricotta Almond Cookies – This Christmas cookie recipe was voted as the winner of our contest, and we could see why! The glaze and almond topping really make this one of those special Christmas cookies you’ll love to bring out every season.
2. Karen’s Buttery Sugar Cookies – Get a few different flavors of jam to put in the center of this Christmas cookie, and you’ll have a nice variety to offer guests without having to make a few different kinds.
3. Christmas Cherry Winks – We love this cookie recipe because they’re tiny enough that you don’t have to feel guilty about grabbing a few. Plus, they use one of our favorite holiday fruits… cherries!
Check out even more of the best Christmas cookie recipes in our free eCookbook, 12 Days of Christmas Cookies II.
If you’re looking to eat a little healthier this holiday season, we’ve got some diabetic-friendly Christmas recipes, so you can spend the holiday feeling guilt free. All of the recipes in our free eCookbook, Diabetic Christmas Dinner Ideas: 20 Festive & Healthy Holiday Recipes, are triple-tested and super easy to make. Your friends and family will never be able to guess you’ve made these healthier! Check out a few of the recipes we’re featuring in our free eCookbook.
1. Apple Butter-Glazed Ham – Do you still have some apple butter lying around from your fall festivities this year? We’ve used it as a glaze with our Christmas dinner ham, and we can’t believe we never tried it before. It’s that good!
2. Peppermint Cheesecake – When you’re cleaning up dinner and need to put out a festive dessert for the family, there’s nothing like a peppermint cheesecake to keep that holiday spirit alive.
3. Rich & Creamy Fudge – If you’re looking for an inexpensive gift to make this holiday season, why not try something edible? Fudge is such a beloved holiday treat that your friends and family would be thrilled to see some under the tree.
If you’re looking to check out even more of our favorite diabetic-friendly recipes, download our free eCookbook, Diabetic Christmas Dinner Ideas: 20 Festive & Healthy Holiday Recipes, today!
What do you plan to make for Christmas dinner this year? Let us know in the comments below!
Latest posts by MrFoodTestKitchen (see all)
- 9 Traditional German Recipes for Winter - December 16, 2018
- 9 Traditional German Recipes for Winter - December 14, 2017
- Exclusive Opportunity: Wheel of Fortune Cookbook Recipe Contest - May 6, 2015