Just about everyone under the sun loves pizza and we are no different. Of course, on AllFreeCasseroleRecipes.com we think it is all about the pizza casserole recipes! Making your own homemade pizza sauce is simple and worth it. We made a version of our own homemade pizza sauce and used it in our favorite Bubble Up Pizza Casserole recipe below.
Homemade Pizza Sauce:
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 box Dei Fratelli Truly Finely Chopped Tomatoes
1.5 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a casserole pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
- Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- You can use the pizza sauce as is, or blend it for a smooth sauce.
Bubble Up Pizza Casserole
1 cup homemade pizza sauce or store-bought sauce
1 can buttermilk biscuits (cut into quarters)
1.5 cups mozzarella cheese
20 pepperoni slices (optional)
any of your favorite pizza toppings!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using the casserole pan with homemade sauce, add the cut up biscuits (uncooked) and coat them in sauce.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Add the pepperoni slices in even rows.
- Bake the casserole for 3o-35 minutes or until bubbling up. Serve!