It’s summer and I’m not really feeling like doing much of anything. I don’t know what it is about the warm weather, but it brings out the lazy in me in full force. I’d be totally happy to spend my days reading on my front porch or leisurely strolling around my neighborhood. But I’m also a huge fan of baking and even my lazy summer self can’t give up sweets entirely. That’s why I was so excited when I discovered cake mix recipes. Maybe I’ve been living under a rock, but I’d never heard of them before. But now that I have I’m totally hooked. I mean, look at how yummy they look:
Since I love making lists, here are the top 3 reasons why I love cake mix recipes:
- It sort of goes without saying but cake mix recipes are totally easy to make. Just pour a pre-packaged mix in a bowl, add a few other ingredients and bam, you’ve got yourself a yummy cake without barely any effort!
- There are so many different types of treats you can make using cake mix. No, it’s not just cake. You can make cake mix cookies, cupcakes, brownies… even cinnamon rolls!
- You can fool your friends! I’ve made quite a few delicious desserts to serve at parties, and my friends are always begging me for the recipe. I won’t give it to them though; I like to think that my cake mix recipes are my little secret!
Now that I’ve discovered the magic of baking with cake mix, I can’t get enough of it! I’m so excited that RecipeLion just came out with their own brand new eCookbook all about these easy-to-make desserts.
They’ve covered all the bases I could ever dream of, with recipes for everything from Pineapple Upside Down Cake to Oreo Cookie Cake to my personal favorite, Black Forest Cake. There are 24 awesome cake mix recipes in all, which should keep me happily baking for a while. I can’t wait to try out some of the more unexpected desserts in the cookbook, especially the “Better Than Sex Coconut Cake” and the Simple Gooey Butter Cake. Don’t those sound good?!
If you want to try out any of these yummy-sounding recipes using cake mix, you can download the printable RecipeLion eCookbook for free here. There are tons of awesome dessert recipes to keep you busy baking through your own lazy summer!
Have you tried baking with cake mix before? What did you think?
- Quick and Easy Dinner Idea: Four-Ingredient OMG Chicken - November 24, 2021
- Make-Ahead Baked Eggnog French Toast Recipe - November 20, 2021
- 4 Turkey Leftover Recipes That Aren’t Turkey Sandwiches - November 19, 2021