For an absolutely scrumptious and hard to resist cookie recipe try making up these Caramel Cookie Bars. They’re so easy to prepare and are a perfect seasonal treat (ahem! Halloween party treats!). Not only that but the recipe makes about 40 cookie bars so it’s perfect for parties and big gatherings. Enjoy!
- 35 unwrapped caramels
- 1/4 cup of water
- 40 shortbread cookies
- 24 ounces of milk chocolate morsels
- Combine the caramels with the water in a small pan and melt over low heat.
- Place the shortbread cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet. Spoon a bit of caramel onto each cookie.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate morsels in a double boiler over low heat or melt in the microwave 1 minute on HIGH, stir, then for another minute on HIGH.
- Remove the cookies from the refrigerator.
- Rest each one on a fork and dip it into the chocolate. Tap the fork on the side of the pan or bowl to knock off any excess chocolate.
- Place each one on a sheet of waxed paper at room temperature.
Variation: Peanut Butter Cookie Bars: Substitute 1 cup peanut butter mixed with 1/2 cup powdered sugar for the caramels. The peanut-butter mixture will be of a consistency that you can spread it on the shortbread. Follow the rest of the directions.
Enjoy and have a happy Halloween weekend everybody!
Can’t get enough of these cookie recipes? Then really please your taste buds with one of these 17 Fabulous Ideas for Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes. A seriously amazing collection of tasty and easy cookie recipes.