It isn’t hard to find cheap potato recipes. Potatoes are cheap! But not all recipes are created equal. Cheap does not have to mean flavorless or boring.
Potatoes are one of the most versatile ingredients out there. They are cheap, good for you, and super filling. Whether you’re on a tight budget or just prefer to be thrifty, finding low-cost recipes is a great way to save money and eat well at the same time. Potatoes are an awesome cheap ingredient because you can buy them in bulk and they last for a very long time if you store them correctly.
Whether you’re looking for main dish potato recipes or just a budget-friendly side to add to a home-cooked meal, we have the recipe for you. These charming and cheap takes on taters are going to make it into your meals soon. I am sure of it.
- Easy Hasselback Potatoes – Hasselback potatoes are a type of baked potato that is sliced while backing and filled with yummy ingredients. They make a great side dish or a meal all on their own.
- Simple Salt Baked Potato – Salt baked potatoes have some extra zest and flavor, making them the perfect thing to pair with a simple meat dish. Baked potatoes are one of the most popular cheap potato recipes out there. This one is especially tasty and straight from our own test kitchen.
- Smash Potatoes with Garlic – This tasty little side packs some awesome flavor. Pair it with a casserole or meatloaf for a truly filling meal.
- Hobo Dinner Recipe – Loaded with flavor and yummy ingredients, this crazy cheap potato recipe and easy way to make a meal is ideal for any budget.
- 5 Ingredient Sausage and Potatoes Slow Cooker Meal – Make a meal for the whole family in the slow cooker. Easy, cheap, and perfect for a weeknight meal. We’re obsessed with this one.
- Corn and Potato Toss – This filling side dish is perfect with a roast or other meat dish. Adding cheap potato recipes to a hearty meat dish is the best way to create a 2-piece tasty and filling meal on a budget.
- Philly Cheesecake Potato Wedges – This yummy recipe combo tastes just like the dish that inspired it.
- Cheesy Queso Potato Soup – This Mexican-inspired dish is perfect to pair with tacos or nachos.
Looking for more cheap recipes and thrifty ideas? Check out 12 Budget-Friendly Meals Your Family Will Love!
If you’re a budget cook or crafter, be sure to check out our brand new website, CheapThriftyLiving.com!
CheapThriftyLiving.com is THE place to find budgeting tips and tricks. To smart budgeting hacks to budget travel secrets, this thrifty living site is here to help you save money. Sign up for our weekly newsletter for simple, money-saving tips in your inbox every week.