Chinese New Year is a very special festival. For China, it’s the longest festival of the year (15 days beginning with New Year’s Day) including many traditions and rituals to bring good luck and happiness. The most amazing thing about Chinese New Year is that instead of the calendar year, this festival celebrates the lunar new year which is based on the cycles of the moon. It’s truly a beautiful holiday with so many gorgeous decorations and lanterns. Best of all, much on the tradition centers on our favorite thing: food.
If you’re celebrating Chinese New Year at home in an Americanized sort of way this year (Feb. 19), your friends at AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes.com thought you might enjoy some of our very best homemade Chinese restaurant recipes. Chinese food is so distinct and comforting. Best of all, it’s usually served in an eat-until-you’re-stuffed style! In China, food definitely means love, as it’s served with great hospitality and tradition.
10 Homemade Chinese Take-Out to Celebrate Chinese New Year
- General Tso’s Slow Cooker Chicken
- Slow Cooker Tasty Orange Chicken
- Eggroll in a Bowl (If you like this, check out our collection of chinese casseroles!)
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
- Best-Ever Slow Cooker Teriyaki
- Tropical Honey Sesame Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chinese Fried Rice
- Easiest Ever Slow Cooker Beef & Broccoli
- Unforgettable Sweet and Sour Pork
- Slow Cooker Beef with Mandarin Oranges
See even more awesome Chinese chicken recipes!
What’s your favorite Chinese dish?
Latest posts by AllFreeSlowCookerRecipes (see all)
- 10 St. Patrick’s Day Recipes for Your Slow Cooker - March 10, 2020
- 10 Slow Cooker Pork Chop Recipes: Tender and Juicy Main Dish - January 29, 2020
- New Year, New You: 7 Dump Dinners for the New Year! - January 20, 2020