We all have those go-to recipes that we pull out when we need to make a delicious dish in a hurry. Or at least I do! Often times, these classic recipes are ones that my mom and grandmother used to make. Now that I’m older, some of their recipes have become my go-to recipes too!
If you’re looking for staple recipes that are always a hit, choose from our collection of 10 Classic Recipes Every Southern Gal Knows. Whether you’re a seasoned cook, or you’re just learning the ropes, you’ll be including these delicious recipes in your weekly rotation. Every Southerner should know these recipes because they’re too amazing to miss!
Whether you grew up in the South or you just love some down home Southern food, these are the recipes you’ll want to keep handy. After you learn these staple dishes, you will give any Southern cook a run for her money. You might even get your grandmother’s stamp of approval!
10 Classic Recipes Every Southern Gal Knows
- Classic Southern Deviled Eggs
- Easy Homemade Fried Chicken – shown above
- Beginner Butter Biscuits – shown above
- Simple Southern Cornbread
- Simple Shrimp and Grits – shown above
- Hash Brown Casserole with Corn Flake Topping
- Grandma’s Old-Fashioned Potato Salad
- Easy Southern Peach Tea Recipe
- Just Like Grandma’s Banana Pudding
- Brandied Peach Cobbler – shown above
Every Southern gal knows that the best way to impress guests is with a homemade dessert. After you’ve learned how to make the classic recipes above, branch out with some brand new recipes like the ones in RecipeLion’s upcoming cookbook. This cookbook is packed with 103 delectable ideas with full color photos. Besides, who can resist dessert?
Whether you’re hosting a summer party or a casual potluck, the recipes included in No-Bake Desserts: 103 Easy Recipes for No-Bake Cookies, Bars, and Treats will impress anyone who tries them! This special cookbook from the editors of RecipeLion is available for pre-order through Barnes & Noble and Amazon and will be released on July 4, 2017!
What’s your favorite go-to recipe?
Latest posts by FaveSouthernRecipes (see all)
- Fish Fry Friday: 12 Fried Fish Recipes - March 19, 2020
- 10 Pineapple Recipes for a Southern Staycation - March 11, 2020
- Country Favorites: 9 Southern Recipes Country-Era Taylor Swift Would Love - February 11, 2020