Sure, we all love to drink Dr. Pepper, Coca-Cola and other soft drinks, but have you ever cooked or baked with them? Who knows who first decided to pour some 7-Up into their biscuits – perhaps it was a happy accident, or maybe someone was playing a prank. Whatever it was, boy am I happy it was discovered.
In these dishes made with soft drinks, often the soda adds the perfect flavor and desired consistency to the recipe. Chocolate cake mix cake made with your favorite soda is amazingly moist and super easy. Adding cherry soda to pork recipes also adds a little bit of sweetness to the dish, in such a good way.
I know we all love to crack open a can of cola when we hit that 3 o’clock slump or when we’re craving something fizzy and refreshing. But with these easy recipes, you can eat your soft drink (or, as I like to call it, pop).
Don’t worry, you’re not going to get the nose tingling feeling of carbonation when you bite into a root beer float cookie. Instead, you’re going to get the creamy, root beer flavor of your favorite childhood dessert in a delicious cookie.
I know you’ll love these recipes so much that when you go to pull a can of soda pop out of the fridge next, you’ll be dreaming of perfectly marinated chicken or chocolate sauce made with Dr. Pepper. I know I will!
10 Dishes Made with Soft Drinks
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
- Braised Country Style Pork Ribs
- Cafe Rio Copycat Shredded Pork Salad
- Easiest-Ever Orange Soda Slow Cooker Chicken – Tastes like your favorite Chinese takeout!
- Easy 7-Up Marinade
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
- Grape Soda Pop Cupcakes
- Root Beer Float Cookies
- Dr. Pepper Chocolate Sauce
- Slow Cooker Soda Roast – You pick which soda to use!
What’s your favorite recipe to make with soda?
- Quick and Easy Dinner Idea: Four-Ingredient OMG Chicken - November 25, 2020
- 4 Turkey Leftover Recipes That Aren’t Turkey Sandwiches - November 20, 2020
- Make-Ahead Baked Eggnog French Toast Recipe - November 16, 2020