If you loved our Cowboy Cookies recipe last week, then we have another recipe that’ll rope you in! Our Test Kitchen’s Cowboy Crescent Roll Casserole recipe is the most comforting casserole this side of the Mississippi.
Based off reader-favorite One Handed Cowboy Casserole, this chicken casserole recipe is an instant classic. Loaded with chunky chicken, this taco-flavored casserole is topped with a soft flaky crescent layer. This casserole recipe is bound to become a family favorite. It might be magical because it disappears almost as soon as it hits the table!
Give this quick dinner idea a try when you want a filling, comforting dinner in just a few steps.
Cowboy Crescent Roll Casserole Recipe
Serves 4 – 6
- 1 can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 14-ounce can corn, well drained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 12-ounce cans white chunk chicken or 3 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 package of 4 reduced-fat crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 7 x 11 bake dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the soup and sour cream. Add the corn, beans, cheese, chicken and seasoning and stir. Spoon into the prepared bake dish.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and separate them into 4 pieces, then roll each to fit one quarter of the bake dish. Arrange rolls on top of mixture in the bake dish and bake for 30 minutes or until rolls are completely cooked and the top is brown and bubbly.
What’s your favorite southern food?
- 12 Lazy Casserole Recipes for the Laid-Back Cook - July 27, 2021
- 10 Vintage Casserole Recipes Grandma Won’t Tell You - June 11, 2021
- Summer Casserole Recipes: Philly Cheesesteak Edition - May 28, 2021