With all the holiday parties coming up and then Super Bowl parties soon to follow I’ve found the perfect easy easy and did I say easy recipe for yummy meatballs!
Meatballs are hugely popular in my family, you literally have to get to them in the first half hour or they are just gone! So I was super excited to get my hands on this 101 Things To Do With Meatballs cookbook by Stephanie Ashcraft. Also our friends at Casa have graciously provided us with some wonderful Casa Di Bertacchi Meatballs for review. (Check back in February for a very special giveaway with this cookbook and meatballs!)
But to get you started I made up a batch of these Crowd-Pleasing Meatballs last night, and boy was it a huge hit. The RecipeLion team loved it and so did everyone at my house. If you want to make this recipe for yourself check it out below…also did I say how easy it was? Enjoy!
Yields: 104 meatballs
Note: you can cut this recipe in half easily for smaller groups.
- 1 cup grape juice
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 1 can (8-ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 104 (4 pounds) frozen, fully cooked meatballs
How to make:
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine juice, jelly, ketchup, barbecue sauce, tomato sauce, and crushed pepper flakes.
- Heat over medium heat until jelly is melted into sauce.
- Place meatballs in a 5-quart slow cooker prepared with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour sauce evenly over meatballs. Cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
- Serve as an appetizer with toothpicks.
Author variation: This recipe can also be turned into a main dish by serving over a bed of rice with grated Swiss cheese sprinkled over top.
RecipeLion suggestions for variations:
- Instead of grape juice you can also use grape jelly for thicker sauce, just add 1/4 cup of water as well.
- You can also make this recipe in a large pot on the stove. Just combine all ingredients with frozen meatballs (mix well) and cook on low-med for 45-55 minutes. Be sure to stir periodically.
Have a great day!