Junk food has gotten a bad reputation recently and AllFreeCasseroleRecipes is here to set the record straight. It’s not all bad! While junk food like chips probably isn’t the most healthy food you can consume, there’s a reason why it still exists: it tastes good. This simple fact is why we love junk food so much.
Now, raise your hand if you’ve ever had chips in your casserole. I’m sure all of you are raising your hands. At one time or another, you’ve probably tasted potato chip crumbs on a tuna casserole. This is an old tradition that has been passed down from our parents and grandparents.
Nowadays, chips are seen frequently in Mexican casseroles. Many recipes feature tortilla chips either as a foundation, crushed and mixed throughout, or as garnish on top. It’s glorious. Some of the best Mexican casseroles feature Doritos. We know, it sounds weird, but it’s actually quite good! Doritos have the same consistency and texture as tortilla chips, but they add tons of extra flavor. You can even play around with what flavor of Doritos you use!
Without further ado, here are 11 recipes for Doritos casseroles. Check out the bonus Doritos recipe at the end of this post, too!
11 Doritos Casseroles
1. Classy Chicken Dorito Casserole
2. Doritos Locos Taco Bake
3. Slow Cooker Doritos Casserole
4. Dorito Chicken Casserole
5. Buffalo Chicken Doritos Casserole
6. Doritos Taco Bake
7. Doritos Taco Casserole
8. Ground Beef Doritos Casserole
9. Dorito Casserole from Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour
10. Doritos Casserole from East 9th Street Eats
11. Skinny Doritos Taco Bake from Mama Laughlin
If you haven’t tried Doritos casseroles because you were too scared, now is your time to try them. If you’re already a fan, you’ll love this list of 14 more Doritos casseroles recipes.
There are plenty of ways to mix up these recipes for a bit of a personal touch, depending on your preferences.
Here are some ideas:
– Add rice
– Add beans
– Add veggies
– Use gluten-free, vegan, or reduced-fat ingredients
And just because we love Doritos so much, here is a bonus recipe for Baked Dorito-Crusted Chicken! We know that you’ll love it. Who knows, maybe you’ll start putting junk food in everything that you eat!
What kind of chips do you like to snack on?
Latest posts by AllFreeCasseroleRecipes (see all)
- 14 Southern Recipes to Feed the Whole Family - May 22, 2019
- Summer Casserole Recipes: Philly Cheesesteak Edition - May 19, 2019
- 8 Side Dish Casseroles You’ll Love - May 15, 2019