At Misericordia Hearts & Flour Bakery, residents of Misericordia‘s housing for people with developmentally disabilities can gain work experience. This May, the bakery started featuring a resident cookie of the month. Beth Woytek, bakery supervisor, said residents have been very excited to have the featured recipe.
It started because one resident, Leah B., had the idea to share her family’s Romanian crescent cookie with apricot and nut, Woytek said. From then on, they’ve shared one resident cookie per month – and the cookies have sold well.
Leah B. said she’s lived at Misericordia for 28 years. “I like it a lot,” she said, adding that she was very happy to share the bakery’s first resident recipe and her family was proud.
This month’s cookie is Double Chocolate by Megan K.
Woytek shared this easy cookie recipe for September’s cookie of the month: Double Chocolate cookies by Megan K. Of course, you can order them from the bakery to support Misericordia!
Double Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Recipe by Megan K.
- 8 oz. Dark Chocolate (64%)
- 4 oz. Butter
- 3 Eggs
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 8 oz. White Chocolate Chips
- Melt the butter and chocolate over a water bath.
- Whip eggs and sugar until pale yellow.
- Add vanilla and melted chocolate until blended.
- Combine dry ingredients and blend into chocolate mixture.
- Add white chocolate chips and mix.
- Refrigerate before scooping dough into balls.
- Bake at 325’F for 12 minutes.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out some of our own double chocolate recipes below!
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Double Chocolate Glazed Donuts
- Copycat Starbucks Double Chocolate Brownie
- Double Chocolate Cherry Muffins
- Double Chocolate Chip Mint Skillet Cookie (pictured)
- No Bake Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Double Chocolate Secret Ingredient Brownies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar