Feel warmed from the inside out with one of the most comforting dump dinners of all time. Even when there’s a chill in the air, your family will feel snug as bugs with this quick dinner idea. Our test kitchen’s Dump and Go Chicken and Dumplings recipe is a must-have this fall!
While Chicken and Dumplings is a classic easy dinner recipe that so many of us grew up with, it can take a while to make from scratch. That’s not the case with our dump dinner version! Our recipe uses plenty of shortcuts to save you time and money.
With shredded chicken and buttermilk biscuits, you can easily pull this recipe together on a weeknight. Just dump the ingredients in the pot for 20 minutes and dinner is ready!
You’ll adore this dump and go recipe – it’s a quick dinner idea that will make your fall weeknights much more cozy.
Dump and Go Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 10-ounce can cream of chicken soup
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 16-ounce tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
- Place broth, chicken, soup and poultry seasoning into a 4-quart Dutch oven and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover and reduce the heat to low, simmering for 5 minutes.
- While mixture cooks, remove biscuits from the tube and use fingers or a rolling pin to press them into 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into strips 1 inch long x ½ inch wide.
- Raise temperature under the pot to bring contents to a low boil and add carrots and celery, then drop the biscuit strips into the liquid one at a time. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook at a simmer for 15 -20 minutes, stirring once or twice to prevent dumplings from sticking to each other.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
More dump and go recipes:
- 10 Healthy Dump Dinners for Lazy People Who Want to Be Skinny