This post comes to us from our friends at BnBfinder, a special thanks to Marisa for this great recipe
After you check out this great recipe below, be sure to explore these amazing 9 Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipes.
Having just graduated from college, I know a little bit about budget recipes, so I had a lot of recipes to choose from. One of my favorite things about working on a budget is being able to improvise and experiment. So open up your kitchen cabinets and explore because being thrifty is fun and nifty!
Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day so keeping it simple and filling is really important and that’s why I love Easy French Toast courtesy of the the Holladay House Bed and Breakfast, located in Orange, VA. This economical breakfast won’t have you pinching pennies and paired with some eggs and fruit you’ll be staring the morning off on the right foot!
Recipe: Easy B&B-Style French Toast
- 1 cup of egg substitute
- 1/4 cup of skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon (or other spice)
- 4 slices of day old whole grain bread
- cooking spray
- powdered sugar & fresh fruit(optional)
- sugar free syrup
- Mix the first 3 ingredients (through cinnamon) in a shallow casserole dish.
- Add the bread slices to the mixture. Let stand about 2 minutes.
- Flip the slices over and let stand another 2 minutes.
- Heat a griddle. Spray with a thin coat of cooking spray. Turn heat down to medium-low.
- Add 4 slices of bread to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes, or until browned to your liking. Flip the bread slices over and cook for another 2 minutes or until browned to your liking.
- You may garnish with powdered sugar, fresh fruit and serve with warmed sugar free syrup.
Not too hard! Enjoy the rest of your nice relaxing weekend everyone.
About the Blogger:
Marisa Santillo is the PR & Marketing Assistant for BnBFinder.com, a top rated bed and breakfast directory. She’s a connoisseur of all things sweet and salty and she loves to spend her time finding off-the-beaten-path restaurants and exploring her own hand in the kitchen. You can discover more innkeeper recipes here.