Can you believe lent is already starting? This year is just flying by. Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, Feb. 18 this year (tomorrow!), and then the 40 days of fasting begins and lasts until Easter Sunday, April 5. When it comes to Lent, the important thing is finding easy dinner recipes to keep you occupied (and honest).
For Catholics, Lent means no meat on Fridays (or at all!) and more restrictions or fasting, depending on what you’re giving up for lent. My mom would notoriously give up Diet Coke or chocolate for lent.
On Fridays, seafood is a very popular choice as a substitute for not eating meat! My parents would often bust out the frozen fish sticks. But you don’t have to be limited to the Friday fish fry (tasty as it may be). At RecipeLion.com, we have plenty of easy dinner recipes to choose from. You can make a meatless casserole, go for a healthy salad, or find new ways to eat fish. Take a look at our list for the Lenten season.
15 Easy Dinner Recipes for Lent
- 5-Ingredient Southern Fried Catfish
- Eggplant Caprese Style
- Sweet and Sour Shrimp
- Basic Baked Fish
- Crawfish and Cauliflower Soup
- 14 Super Easy Tuna Salad Recipes
- 12 Easy Egg Salad Recipes
- Simple Sauteed Spinach
- Grape and Salmon Pasta Salad
- Eggplant Parmesan Rounds
- Applebee’s Copycat Broiled Salmon with Garlic Butter
- Potato Crusted Salmon
- Baked Mediterranean Salmon Casserole
- Giada’s Pasta with Carrots and Peas from Deep South Dish
- Lenten Fishstick Casserole by Joanna Gotwald
Do you give up a type of food for lent?
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- Fudgy Chocolate Peppermint Pie - December 10, 2019
- Delicious Desserts through the Decades - December 4, 2019
- Quick and Easy Dinner Idea: Four-Ingredient OMG Chicken - November 27, 2019