We’ve long been fans of easy fruit salad recipes that make use of in-season fruit. Fresh fruit is a budget-friendly way to eat healthy for anyone with a sweet tooth. While we love strawberries, there are so many other seasonal summer fruits that go neglected. Take melons, for example. June and July produce the juiciest honeydews you’ll ever taste!
That’s why we created this Honeydew Blueberry Summer Salad Recipe in our test kitchen. This three-step fruit salad recipe takes advantage of blueberries and honeydew in their prime. You might be used to easy fruit salads that rely on Cool Whip, but this one is healthier and much more interesting.
This summer salad recipe is even easier when you learn how to cut a melon. Our test kitchen expert Judith shows you the easiest way in our new video below.
Try mixing up our summer salad with honey and mint leaves for a refreshing, appetite-satisfying salad that will keep you cool near the pool.
Honeydew Blueberry Summer Salad
Serves 4 – 6
1 small honeydew melon, cut into cubes ( about 6 cups)
1 pint fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
1 tablespoon honey
Mint leaves for garnish
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir gently.
2. Allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes then taste and adjust amount of lime juice or honey – you may need more of one or the other depending on the natural sweetness and ripeness of the melon you have.
3. Garnish with mint leaves and serve cool or at room temperature.
When do you like to serve summer salad recipes?
Latest posts by RecipeChatter (see all)
- Three Easy Recipes to Make a Complete Fancy French Meal - September 25, 2019
- Flipping Our Fins Over This Easy Mermaid JELL-O Dessert - August 3, 2019
- Pokémon Go Inspired Cookies Recipe - August 2, 2019