One of my favorite things to cook, make and bake with during summer are lemons. Maybe it’s the bright color, or maybe it’s the fresh smell of a lemon – but lemon desserts, dishes and frozen treats always get me in the mood for summer. They are cheerful, often sweet and always bring a smile to my face.
Because I often have an excess amount of lemons at my house I’m always looking for ways to use them up or get creative with them. There are so many ways to incorporate lemon into your cooking, whether as a marinade or seasoning – but my favorite way is by making desserts! I have a special weakness for powdered lemon cookies (or any lemon cookie really) but I’m also a huge fan of lemon bars.
With this recipe I’m exploring below you can get the best of both worlds with both cookie and bar in one! I love this recipe because it is so easy and you don’t need a lot of ingredients. It’s a great treat to bring along to parties or just have on hand at home for a tasty dessert.
Recipe: Easy Lemon Bar Cookies
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons
- fresh lemon juice grated rind of 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine butter, sugar, flour and salt and mix well.
- Press mixture in 9 x 13-inch greased pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine flour and sugar; mix in beaten eggs, lemon juice and rind.
- Pour onto slightly cooled crust.
- Bake at 350 degree F for 25 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Baking time (duration): 40