In a past life, I used to work at a deli counter making sandwiches. As such, I consider myself a bit of a sandwich snob. After making so many sandwiches for other people, I became rather good at making sandwiches. It’s one of my many skills. However, because of that job, I am now a sandwich snob. Unless the sandwich is sublime, I won’t eat. So if you’re like me, here are some easy lunch recipes packed with flavor
1 pound smoked sausage
3/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
3 cup packaged shredded cabbage with carrots, Coleslaw mix
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
1/3 cup honey-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
6 flour tortillas, 9 or 10 inch
1. Microwave sausage according to package directions. Halve sausage lengthwise. Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
2. Combine mayonnaise and hoisin sauce in a large bowl. Add sausage, cabbage, green onions, red pepper and peanuts. Toss until well coated with mayonnaise mixture.
3. Spoon a scant cup of the sausage mixture onto each tortilla just below center. Fold bottom edge up and over filling. Fold opposite edges in just until they meet. Roll up from bottom.
Other Great Sandwich Ideas
Looking for more easy lunch recipes? Check out these low fat lunch ideas for sandwiches that are easy and flavorful. Give any one of these low fat lunch ideas a try today.
Have any of your own quick and easy sandwich ideas? We’d love to hear them.
- 14 Healthy Soup Recipes For When You Have the Sniffles - December 28, 2020
- 15 Best Healthy Recipes for Your New Year’s Resolutions - December 26, 2020
- 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan for Beginners - December 14, 2020