Oh, yeah…you’re reading this correctly. You won’t find this anywhere else but in our upcoming cookbook, Everyday Dinner Ideas: 103 Easy Recipes for Chicken, Pasta, and Other Dishes Everyone Will Love. Our newest cookbook will be hitting the shelves in November 2017, but you have the chance to pre-order your own copy via Amazon or Barnes and Noble today!
Now, back to the deliciousness. We’re sharing an exclusive recipe – one that already has my mouth watering…
This is the most heavenly combination of two of my favorite foods: bacon cheeseburgers and tacos. Have you ever heard of a walking taco before? This was a totally new concept to me (one I learned a few years ago). You stuff a Fritos bag with the best of the best taco ingredients and munch away. How amazing is that? Today, we are sharing the incredible twist on a classic dish that Addie Gundry beautifully created in Everyday Dinner Recipes.
From the chef herself, she says: “Rushing home from school, only to head out to football or basketball games, kids often need something to grab and go. Toss these ingredients in the slow cooker in the afternoon, put the bags of Fritos on the counter next to the slow cooker, and the kids will know exactly what to do.”
What a quick, easy, and brilliant idea! Ready for this life-changing recipe? Let us know if you try it in the comments below!
Preparation Time: 10 min.
Slow Cooker Time: 3 hr, LOW
- 1 pound lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes with chiles
- 2 cups shredded four-cheese blend
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 snack-sized bags Fritos
- Chopped tomatoes
Place the browned beef, tomatoes, shredded cheese, cream cheese, bacon, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce in a slow cooker. Stir well. Cook for 2 to 3 hours on low until the cheese has melted.
Let cool slightly. Open the bags of Fritos, scoop about 1/2 cup of the beef mixture into each bag, and top with chopped tomatoes. Eat immediately.
What was your after-school snack?
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- Your Guide to Homemade Hostess: Twinkie Recipes, Ho Hos, Ding Dongs & More - June 15, 2019
- 10 BBQ and Grill Recipes to Drool Over This Summer - June 6, 2019
- Perfect Catch: 27 Summer Seafood Recipes - May 30, 2019