The holidays are over, and if you live in a cold climate, nothing says dreary like January and February weather. Food can be a mood enhancer–particularly if you get creative with it.
One way to transport yourself to a vacation-like or tropical state of mind is to cook with tropical flavors. RecipeLion.com and our sister site, AllFreeChickenCasseroleRecipes.com, have some tasty tropical-flavored options, wrapped up in great chicken casserole recipes!
Caribbean Chicken with Pineapple is an easy chicken casserole recipe that will have a party with your taste buds:
4, 6-ounce pieces of chicken
1 large red pepper; cored de-seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 cup chicken stock
Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
4 pineapple rings; fresh or canned
1 orange; peeled and sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Put the chicken portions in a casserole dish with the chopped pepper and curry powder.
3. Pour over the stock and add salt and pepper.
4. Cover and cook in a preheated hot oven at 425 degrees F for 50 minutes.
5. Chop the pineapple rings and banana and add to the casserole.
6. Cook for another 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
7. Garnish the casserole with the orange slices.
For other great chicken casserole recipes with a tropical flair, you might like this recipe for Chicken Hawaiian from AllFreeChickenCasseroleRecipes.com. Made with pineapple, chicken, ham, it’s a recipe for chicken casserole that you won’t forget!
If you’re really feeling festive, you might serve one of these tasty chicken casserole recipes with a tropical drink. On RecipeLion.com, we have some fun drink recipes such as Acapulco Sunrise, Banana Coladas, Blue Hawaii, and Coconut Pineapple Punch.
These recipes are great for entertaining or just for food fun!
- Easy Game Day Appetizers - January 9, 2021
- Slow Cooker Classic Christmas Cake-Mix Desserts: Sample Some of Santa’s Favorites - December 20, 2020
- Christmas Dinner in Your Slow Cooker: Make Your Holiday Efficient and Delicious - December 19, 2020