This week we are knocking out two birds with one stone, because not only is this week’s food trend doughnuts, but Friday, June 1, is National Doughnut Day. How perfect is that? It’s almost as if the person that made this holiday knew that we would be doing food trend articles every Friday. Or maybe it was fate, delicious, glazed fate.
We can’t tell you how excited we are for this food trend. Not only are doughnut recipes great for breakfast, but they’ve become a snack food. Loved by children, police officers, and pretty much everyone, doughnut recipes are what get us through those tough waking hours. Can you imagine a cup of coffee without a freshly made doughnut? Yeah, we can too, but we don’t like it. There are so many things you can do with a doughnut. You can fill it with jelly. Throw powdered sugar on it or even melt chocolate on it. Or if you are daring, put bacon on it (check out the recipe below).
Whether you want to eat your doughnuts for breakfast or dessert is all up to you. We know one thing. That no matter what time of day it is, doughnut recipes are always welcomed. So, this morning don’t worry about making your family a breakfast casserole or french toast. Instead, treat them to our circular friend. We’re guessing that they’ll love it
We’ve collected some of the best doughnut recipes from some of our favorite bloggers. We hope that you enjoy them as much as we do. Happy eating and enjoy!
Go Nuts for These Doughnut Recipes
Here’s the list of recipes from top left to right.
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Doughnuts from RecipeLion
- Apple Cider Doughnuts from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen
- Red Velvet Coconut Doughnuts from Lauren’s Latest
- Cake-Batter Doughnuts from Chocolate Covered Katie
- Black Ale Doughnuts from Evil Shenanigans
- Maple Bacon Cake Doughnuts from A Cozy Kitchen
- Banana Walnut Breakfast Doughnuts from Simply Scratch
- Chocolate Doughnuts with a Butterscotch Glaze from Free Eats
We hope that you enjoyed our collection of doughnut recipes. Have a great National Doughnut Day and make something special this weekend. Make sure to join us next week for another food trend update. Take care!
If you are looking for more breakfast recipes check out our collection of 11 Baked French Toast Recipes.
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- Erin Go Bragh! 15 St. Patrick’s Day Easy Dinner Recipes - March 6, 2020
- Crazy Cheap: 8 Budget-Friendly Potato Recipes - March 3, 2020
- How to Make the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies For Your Love - February 20, 2020