Did you know you can make all kinds of stuff in your muffin tins? It’s not just for cupcakes and muffins anymore! This latest craze has sparked many a Muffin Tin Monday for foodie bloggers out there. Like this fun round up of ideas from Handle the Heat. Also get some inspiration from these creative meals made in a muffin tin from Yummly. This post helped initially peak my interest before I started seeing double all over Pinterest.
So thanks to Pinterest I kept seeing these little muffin crazes everywhere and naturally I decided it was time for me to tackle some myself. I went a little muffin crazy this week and whipped up all kinds of stuff in them, like these – Sarah’s Crunchy Breakfast Cups (see image below). It’s so much fun!
But more importantly, it’s so easy and pretty darn cheap too.So all you moms, nannies, stay at home dad’s – whoever! Pay attention because these little muffin time masterpieces could be very useful if you have a lot of little mouths to feed – and those little mouths love them.
Recipe: Easy Mini Pizza Muffins
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped small
- 1/4 cup of onion, chopped small
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 cooked sausage (Italian, chicken, whatever desired), sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 tube of Large Wheat Buns (I used Pillsbury brand)
- 1 cup of mozzarella
- pepper, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- basil, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
2. Open tube of wheat buns and separate dough into 8 rolls.
3. Take a rolling pin and flatten each roll slightly by rolling it out.
4. Spray 8 cups of muffin try with non stick cooking spray.
5. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of the muffin cups.
6. Spoon pizza sauce into each cup (about 1 to 1/2 tablespoons).
7. Sprinkle inside each cup with onion, zucchini and mushrooms (don’t put too much, you need room for cheese).
9. Sprinkle with desired spices.
10. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until crusts are browned and cheese is melted.
That’s it! You’ve now got 8 little delicious mini pizzas to enjoy.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe, because I enjoyed eating them!
- Quick and Easy Dinner Idea: Four-Ingredient OMG Chicken - November 25, 2020
- 4 Turkey Leftover Recipes That Aren’t Turkey Sandwiches - November 20, 2020
- Make-Ahead Baked Eggnog French Toast Recipe - November 16, 2020