There is something freeing about the summer. It could be that we can finally come out of our houses and stop hiding from the cold weather. Or maybe it’s the idea of going on vacation and taking a break from the regular day to day tasks that we’ve become so used to. There is one thing that we love about Summer, and that is that it is the season of fresh fruit and sunshine. This week’s food trend features one of our favorite summer fruits – watermelon.
There are so many things that you can do with a watermelon other than just chopping it up and spitting out seed after seed at your family members, although that is one of the best parts about it. You can make salad recipes that are perfect for a summer barbecue. Or even better, you can blend it up, throw in a little, or a lot, of booze and enjoy a cold beverage as the sun goes down.
What we are getting at are that watermelon recipes don’t have to be boring. Make a cake or some other dessert recipe that your family hasn’t tried. Watermelon recipes are going to become your new best friend in the kitchen.
We’ve collected some of our favorite eclectic watermelon recipes that will cool you down in the hot summer heat. We hope that you enjoy them and that they inspire you to cook and create. Enjoy!
Watermelon Recipes for the Family
Here’s a list from top left to right of all of the great watermelon recipes.
- Strawberry & Watermelon Cake from Trissalicious
- Watermelon, Feta and Mint Salad from Good Life Eats
- Watermelon Gazpacho from Healthy Green Kitchen
- Watermelon Cheesecake with Watermelon Fresca from Culinary Concoctions
- Watermelon Cake from Not Quite Nigella
- Watermelon Salsa from The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Frozen Watermelon Basil-Lime Bars from 17 and Baking
We hope that enjoyed this list of wonderful watermelon recipes. If you are looking for more delicious uses for your watermelon check out our collection of 13 Great Summer-Ready Watermelon Recipes.
Don’t forget to come back next week when we’ll feature a brand new food trend! What would you like to see?
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 17, 2020
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2020
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 4, 2020