This post is brought to you by Anjali Shah, creator of The Picky Eater blog. Anjali creates and writes about healthy food that she claims is “husband approved.”
This salad is bright, light, and peppery – the perfect summer salad…
Yes, I was having summer nostalgia and made this salad on a rainy day. When I paired it with an iced green tea, it almost felt like summer! My winter denial is not a new thing; I’m definitely one of those people who gets sad when it’s gloomy. I often find myself trying to recreate summer experiences in the winter, which, in the Bay Area you can often get away with.
Of course, you can recreate just about any experience with food! And this salad does the trick. It literally takes 5 minutes to make, and has 5 ingredients. Pretty perfect!
1) Organic Canned Corn (rinsed)
2) Cherry tomatoes, quartered
3) Fresh arugula
4) Goat Cheese Crumbles
5) Sliced almonds (toasted) – These are optional, though. They give the salad a great crunch, but it also tastes good sans-almonds.
The Directions – one step only: Toss all the ingredients together with a simple dressing made of extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper.
Latest posts by FaveHealthyRecipes (see all)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts: The One Brussels Sprouts Recipe You Need in Your Life - April 27, 2020
- Start the Day Right With These Healthy Breakfast Casseroles - April 16, 2020
- 15 Best Healthy Recipes for Your New Year’s Resolutions - December 31, 2019