Today’s Christmas Recipe
On the second day of our 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway, my true love gave to me…this Fudgy Chocolate Peppermint Pie recipe from Harold Import Company.
Fudgy Chocolate Peppermint Pie
Serves 6 – 8
- ½ cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate square
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ chocolate malt mix (like Ovaltine Chocolate Malt Mix)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 pint softened Peppermint ice cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a heavy small saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over medium low heat. Stir until smooth, remove from the heat and cool.
- Place chocolate mixture into the bowl of an electric mixer and add the sugar, beating until blended. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add the flour, chocolate malt, salt and cinnamon and mix well. Stir in the pecans by hand. Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared pie plate and bake 40 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Use the bottom of a flat measuring cup or drinking glass to press down the center of the chocolate crust, leaving a ½ inch edge all around. Spread the ice cream into this indention, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream with the powdered sugar with an electric mixer until it forms soft peaks. Spoon over the ice cream. Top with the crushed candies. Cut into wedges to serve.
What is your favorite kind of pie?
Print This Post
Editor at RecipeLion.com
RecipeLion is dedicated to the best recipes and cooking tips. From quick and easy dinner recipes to new and exciting dessert recipes, we find and deliver the best recipes from all over the web. Plus, we feature free product reviews and giveaways of all the latest and greatest products including cooking gadgets, cookbooks, food, and more. RecipeLion is a wonderful online resource for cooks of all skill levels.