Grilled cheese is no longer just for kids. In the last few years, grilled cheese has made a comeback in a huge way. Restaurants across the country have started featuring gourmet grilled cheese recipes. Every kind of cheese imaginable has made its way onto these sandwich recipes sweeping the nation. Some restaurants are charging a small fortune for their grilled cheese, but these sandwich recipes are embarrassingly easy to make on a budget at home. You can add veggies, bacon, and even other cheesy foods like mozzarella sticks! The options for this iconic sandwich are endless.
6 Gourmet Grilled Cheese Recipes
In honor of April, National Grilled Cheese Month, we are bringing you some of the finest, fanciest grilled cheese recipes that are simple to make at home!
- Margherita Grilled Cheese – This grown-up version of a simple grilled cheese recipe features fresh mozzarella, pesto, and tomato, just like a Margherita pizza.
- Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures – This recipe proves buffalo sauce and cheese were meant to be together.
- Copycat Denny’s Fried Cheese Melt – This grilled cheese recipe adds another beloved cheesy food to the sandwich. Fried mozzarella sticks are sandwiched in more cheese.
- Homemade “Jalapeno Popper” Grilled Cheese from From Away – Instead of the cheese inside the jalapeno popper, cheese surrounds the jalapeno…Yum!
- Hog Island Grilled Cheese – This sandwich is all about packing in the cheese, all varieties welcome.
- Caramelized Cheese Covered Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Closet Cooking – Cheese on top of bread on top of more cheese. We can get behind this sandwich!
BONUS The Best Tomato Soup Recipe…Ever
- Recipes from World War II : 17 “Cooking on the Homefront” Recipes - February 25, 2021
- 10 Easy Recipes That Will Save You a Trip to the Grocery Store - February 23, 2021
- Top 10 Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes - February 14, 2021