The official start of summer is less than two weeks away and I, for one, could not be more excited! Summer means more time outside in the bright sunshine and less time spent cooped up in the house, which, when you live in Chicago is many, many days of the year. Summer also means some of my favorite kinds of dishes and some of the best menus around. I cannot wait to break out my grill and make some of these awesome grilling recipes that I’ve had my eye on for months now. Grilling also means that I don’t have to heat up my kitchen by turning on my oven, which during the sometimes sweltering Chicago summer months is essential. Gotta love easy no-cook recipes!
Up first on my summer grilling menu for 2013? These tasty-looking Packet Grilled Garlic Dill Potatoes. Made with less than 5 ingredients, this potato side dish starts by marinating the potatoes in fresh dill and garlic. Cooking and clean up is a breeze because these potatoes get cooked inside a foil packet. Nifty, huh? Summer cooking doesn’t get much easier than this, which is exactly why I’m so eager to make this yummy side. Now let’s get cooking, shall we?
Summer’s Must-Make Packet Grilled Potatoes
- 7 large new (red) potatoes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Wash potatoes and cut them into a 1/2-inch dice. Place them in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, dill, and salt. Pour over the potatoes and stir to coat. Cover the bowl of potatoes with plastic wrap and allow them to marinate for 30 minutes.Prepare the grill for medium heat cooking.
- While the potatoes are marinating, prepare the grill for medium heat cooking.
- On a long sheet of nonstick foil, place the potatoes and the marinade. Seal up the foil on all sides to form a packet. Puncture the top of the foil packet with about four holes.
- Place the foil packet, holes up, on the grill. Allow to cook for 30 minutes, rotating once, until the potatoes are fork tender.
Our thanks to Featured Foodie Jenni Fleener for sharing this great summer recipe!
What dish are YOU looking forward to grilling this summer?
- Delicious Desserts through the Decades - December 1, 2020
- Quick and Easy Dinner Idea: Four-Ingredient OMG Chicken - November 25, 2020
- 4 Turkey Leftover Recipes That Aren’t Turkey Sandwiches - November 20, 2020