This guest post comes to us from Erin from Table for 7. Thanks to Erin for sharing her great recipe with us!
Grilled Pound Cake with Berries
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-2 cups assorted berries of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9in loaf pan. In a mixing bowl, whisk flour and sugar. Set aside. In an small bowl, mix eggs and vanilla. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. This may take about 5 minutes. Gradually add in eggs. Beat until fluffy. Gradually add in flour/sugar mixture. Beat on low until well combined. Pour into prepare pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
2. Let cool completely.
3. Slice cake into individual slices. Preheat grill, grill pan or broiler. Brush both sides of cake slices with melted butter. Grilled each side approx 2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Serve warm topped with fruit and whip cream, if desired.
What grilled desserts do you like to make in the summer?
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- How to Make the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies For Your Love - February 20, 2020
- Pizza is Everything: Easy Pizza Recipes For You! - January 11, 2020
- Quick Lunch Ideas: 10 Lunches For Your Busy Life - January 9, 2020