“Skinny Jim”, professional chef and creator of Skinny Jim’s Blends, brings you his helpful tips for summer cooking.
No Meatball burgers Allowed
After you form the burger patties put an indentation with your thumb in the center of the patty – this is an Ancient Burger Secret that prevents the “doming” effect of your burger on the grill and will keep it flat and evenly cooked, perfect grill marks and all!
Under-seasoned food can not explode in your mouth
Season your patties generously with Skinny Jim’s Original (Or Cajun for some heat) using the proper technique:
- Lay a paper towel down and add 1 tablespoon per patty of Skinny Jim’s Blend on the paper towel.
- Lay the burger patty on the seasoning and then season the top side of the patty.
- Press the seasoning into the meat and let the patties rest for a few minutes in order to absorb the seasoning.
Make your first bite a happy one for your tongue
Don’t forget to roll the edges! In order to get a uniform taste throughout the entire burger, make sure to roll the burger around in the left over seasoning.
Burgers have feelings too!
There is no need to keep touching and moving the burgers on your grill. Put them there and leave them alone until they are ready to flip! They won’t hurt you or your grill to just sit there and cook. Ever wonder how to get the perfect grill marks you see on commercials and in restaurants? Just put your meat on the grill and let it do its thing.
Never, under any circumstances, press down on the burger! I don’t know where this practice came from but it is ludicrous! All you are doing is removing the juice from the center of your burger with each press of the spatula, making it very dry. Of course, if you like dry burgers, then by all means press away! Sure, it’s cool to hear the hiss of the grease on the coals or see the flare up, but that is flavor and juice being burned away!
Additional tips and techniques as well as the seasoning blends are available on www.skinnyjimsblends.com
-Skinny Jim, creator of Skinny Jim’s Blends
- 14 Healthy Soup Recipes For When You Have the Sniffles - December 28, 2020
- 15 Best Healthy Recipes for Your New Year’s Resolutions - December 26, 2020
- 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan for Beginners - December 14, 2020