Get yourself in the mood to celebrate Cinco de May this weekend with these fantastic Mexican recipes ideas.
Celebrate Mexican heritage and pride on Cinco de Mayo with these colorful and delicious recipes. Here are 10 Cinco de Mayo recipes to help get you ready for your celebration.
10 Festive Recipes for Cinco de Mayo:
1. Prickly Pear Margaritas are a great way to celebrate with friends. Made with orange liqueur and red prickly pear fruit, this recipe is sure to be a hit with your guests.
2. If you’re looking for a non-alcoholic beverage, enjoy a refreshing Iced Horchata as an easy make-ahead drink for entertaining.
3. This authentic recipe for Guacamole can be prepared freshly, right in front of your guests.
4. Stacked Black Bean Enchilada Pie is packed with cheese, beans, corn, and cilantro and then topped with an easy homemade enchilada sauce.
5. Using a bottle of salsa verde makes for a quick and easy recipe for Black Bean and Charred Corn Chilaquiles.
6. If you love sweet and salty, try a different twist on salsa with this Easy Sweet & Spicy Mango Salsa.
7. For a more authentic salsa, this Almost Fresh Salsa recipe that uses canned tomatoes can’t be beat. The whole recipe comes together quickly in a food processor.
8. Kids love helping in the kitchen. Why not get them involved in making some Homemade Corn Tortillas! These go wonderful as a side with any dish you prepare.
9. Have a sweet tooth? Fried Mexican Ice Cream will hit the spot with the flavors of honey and cinnamon.
10. Mexican Chocolate Cake, made with coffee, cinnamon, and Mexican vanilla, is a wonderful end to any meal.
Have a great Cinco de Mayo! Do you have any favorite recipes for the holiday?
Jenni Fleener is the creator, photographer and chef behind A Little Bit Crunchy A Little Bit Rock and Roll. She has had a passion for cooking since she was a child. Forget Saturday morning cartoons, Jenni was watching Julia Child. In high school, she would pour over Rolling Stone and cooking magazines. In college art school, she would come home from the design studio to prepare homemade bread â€¦read more about Jenni on her Featured Foodie profile on RecipeLion.
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 17, 2020
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2020
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 4, 2020