10 More Stir in Ideas for Stove-Top Mac & Cheese
As you may already know, I’m sort of in love with macaroni and cheese. I’m pretty sure I could eat it every day if that were acceptable. However, if you’re a mac and cheese fanatic like I am, you’ll know that sometimes, you just want the plain old cheesy goodness of traditional mac, but sometimes you want to spice it up.
I gave you a bunch of ideas in my 7+ Ways to Dress Up Boxed Mac & Cheese post. But I found 10 more delicious ideas over at Serious Eats. Here are some of the ones that I’ll be trying out in the next few weeks:
- Pizza Mac: make a spicy macaroni dish by mixing in some hot italian sausage, sliced pepperoni, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, sliced pepperoncini, and some some mozzarella if you’re feeling sassy.
- Buffalo Chicken Mac: add in some buffalo sauce, shredded chicken (leftovers are great), and a handful of crumbled bleu cheese.
- Burger Mac: basically mix together cheeseburger dip and mac & cheese to create a delicious and hearty dish.
- Spinach and Chickpeas: combine a standard mac and cheese with a can of drained chickpeas, some chopped blanched spinach, and sprinkle of paprika.
What are some of your favorite low-cost additions to a traditional stove-top mac & cheese?
Find 6 more delicious combos at Serious Eats’ 10 Easy Stir-in Stove-Top Macaroni and Cheese Variations.
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 17, 2020
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2020
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 4, 2020