10 Recipes to Make With Pasta Sauce
Hello everyone! Our friend Kira Cowan from Tip Hero has some tips for home cooking and what to do with your pasta sauce. Pasta sauce is a great a cheap grocery item that’s a staple in most homes. However, pasta sauce isn’t just good for pasta recipes. You can spruce up your quick and easy weeknight recipes a number of ways. Take a look at the many creative ways you can utilize pasta sauce to create cheap and delicious meals and snacks, courtesy of Food Network:
- Potato Casserole: mix up mashed potatoes with some pasta sauce and grated Parmesan cheese in a casserole dish. Top the whole thing with more sauce and cheese and bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Zesty Chip Dip: combine equal parts sour cream and pasta sauce in a bowl. Then stir in some grated parmesan cheese, ground pepper and oregano.
- Minestrone Soup: boil 1 jar of pasta sauce and 5 cups of hot water. Stir in a bit of cooked pasta, chopped mix veggies, canned beans and grated parmesan cheese. Cook until the veggies are tender.
- Cream of Tomato Soup: saute some chopped fresh herbs in butter, then add in 1 jar of pasta sauce, 2 cups of water, 1/2 cup of heavy cream and a pinch of nutmeg. Let this simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stuffed Mushrooms: mix up some bread crumbs with chopped mushroom stems, grated parmesan cheese and a bit of pasta sauce. Stuff this mixture into mushroom caps and drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Buffalo Wings: lightly coat chicken wings with equal parts pasta sauce and hot sauce. Roast these in the oven at 425 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Tuna Marinara: simmer some pasta sauce with halved olives, capers and a drained can of tuna. Toss this mixture with cooked pasta.
- Pizza Potato: make a deep slit into baked potatos and stuff with pasta sauce, chopped pepperoni and shredded mozzarella. Bake the potato at 400 degrees until the cheese melts.
- Sweet and Sour Franks: boil 4 cups of thinly sliced onions, 1 cup of pasta sauce, 1/2 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Then serves as much as you’d like on hot dogs.
- Tomato Biscuits: spread pasta sauce on refrigerated biscuits, then top with grated cheddar cheese and shopped scallions. Bake the biscuits as directed afterward.
Find 40 more fabulous and mostly frugal ideas over at Food Network’s 50 Things to Make With Pasta Sauce.
And check out our delicious list of 9 Easy Baked Pasta Recipes for the family. Happy eating and have a great day!
- Quick and Easy Dinner Idea: Four-Ingredient OMG Chicken - November 25, 2020
- 4 Turkey Leftover Recipes That Aren’t Turkey Sandwiches - November 20, 2020
- Make-Ahead Baked Eggnog French Toast Recipe - November 16, 2020