Thanks to our regular contributor Kristy from Mommy Hates Cooking for this awesome post caramel apples.
Photo Credit: Jaime Cooks it Up
Adding Pizzazz to Caramel Apples
When I think of fall, I immediately think of caramel apples. Don’t you? Even when we walk into the grocery store in the fall suddenly all the apples and caramel start moving closer to the front of the store.
Did you know though that there are plenty of ways to eat caramel apples, not necessarily with caramel over an apple on a stick as we have all grown accustom to?
Today, I am going to share with you 5 of my favorite ways to enjoy caramel apples.
1. Inside Out Caramel Apples – This is how I prefer to eat them, much less mess plus how fun is it to eat out of an apple?
2. Caramel Apple Fondue – Instead of eating it off a stick, use one to dip it into rich, warm caramel and snack away! Simply melt the caramel and slice up the apples.
3. Caramel Apples with Twigs – This is a traditional caramel apple, but take it up a notch by using twigs instead of wooden sticks.
4. Caramel Apples Dipped in Chocolate – Add a little something special to your caramel apples, by smothering them strategically in chocolate.
5. Carmel Apple Cupcakes – This recipe from Taste of Home is one of my all time favorites, it give a completely alternative taste to caramel apples!
Do you have a favorite caramel apple recipe? I think any of these would be beautiful as a teacher gift or to take to a fall party.
Next time you think of making caramel apples, hopefully these will inspire you to get more creative!
Kristy Still is the creator of Mommy Hates Cooking, wife to a loving husband and mother to an energy filled toddler. She realized after her son was born that her cooking skills were going to have to go up a notch to keep healthy food on the table for her family. There was only one problem, she hates cooking. She ended up making the decision to start her own blog as an attempt to find motivation and share her trials with others. To learn more about Kristy be sure to check out her featured foodie profile on RecipeLion.