This post comes to us from our friends at BnBfinder, a special thanks to Marisa for this great recipe.
It’s hard to pick my favorite recipe to make for Christmas – there are so many holiday treats to choose from. Cookies, cakes and other goodies make the holidays that much sweeter! Since this is the best time of the year to spend time with friends and family, make the most of it by gathering around the table with a tasty morning after-Christmas breakfast treat!
After the presents are unwrapped, everyone will get to enjoy a sweet and savory breakfast of Berry Good French Toast courtesy of the Bottger Manson of Old Town in Albuquerque, NM. Bringing everyone together one last time before the holidays end will make them a little sweeter for everyone!
Recipe: Berry Good French Toast
- 14 ounce milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 7 large eggs
- 16 ounce loaf French bread, cut into 1â€ cubes
- 3 ounce cream cheese, cut into 1/2â€ cubes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. Place milk, sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and eggs in a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add bread cubes and stir with a spoon until coated.
- Pour bread mixture into the pan. Top evenly with cream cheese, blueberries and pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into servings.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.
Number of servings (yield): 12
About the blogger:
Marisa Santillo is the PR & Marketing Assistant for BnBFinder.com, a top rated bed and breakfast directory. She’s a connoisseur of all things sweet and salty and she loves to spend her time finding off-the-beaten-path restaurants and exploring her own hand in the kitchen. You can discover more innkeeper recipes here.