This guest post comes to us from Peter Block from Feed Your Soul Too.
This is a recipe that has an easy to medium-easy difficulty level. If you do a little cooking, this Chicken Marsala will be a snap. The ingredient list may seem long with 10 ingredients, but there are really only 3 main steps to put together. First, dredge the chicken and pan fry. Then, make the sauce. Finally, cook the pasta and assemble.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound pasta, bell flowers (or small tubular shells)
- Bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a boil. You can drop in salt.
- When the water boils, drop in the pasta. It will cook for approximately 8 minutes. Drain and set aside when done.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- Drop each chicken breast into the mixture. Knock off any excess.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan and place on a plate.
- Add mushrooms, wine, broth, and juice to the pan. Reduce the heat, and simmer 10 minutes or so. The mixture will thicken and be about 1/2 of what it was when you started.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, turning to coat on both sides. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- To finish the dish, take a big spoonful of pasta and top with chicken. Be sure to grab a lot of the sauce and mushrooms.
Have you ever made Chicken Marsala before?
- Quick and Easy Dinner Idea: Four-Ingredient OMG Chicken - November 24, 2021
- Make-Ahead Baked Eggnog French Toast Recipe - November 20, 2021
- 4 Turkey Leftover Recipes That Aren’t Turkey Sandwiches - November 19, 2021