A special thanks to our newest contributor Rich Rodriguez from BnBFinder.com for this post on Apple Fritters.
Let’s face it: Summer is fading fast. But with the arrival fall comes the spectacular foliage, crisp nights and the ripening of some fabulous fruit including pears, persimmons, cranberriesâ€¦and apples!
Of course, you could always make an apple pie but why not try something different for dessert? The Maple Leaf Inn Bed & Breakfast in Barnard, VT has a delicious recipe for apple fritters that will put a sweet ending on your next meal:
Recipe: Apple Fritters
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups apples, cored and diced
- Vermont maple syrup
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Pour the milk into the dry ingredients and stir until the batter is smooth. Add the apples to the batter and blend well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into hot oil in a heavy skillet (or electric deep fryer).
- Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels and serve with warm Vermont maple syrup.
Makes about 16 apple fritters.
Looking for more tasty ways to top of your dinner? Visit Recipe Lion’s â€˜Dessert‘ section for more appetizing ideas!
About the blogger:
Rich Rodriguez is the PR & Marketing Coordinator for BnBFinder.com, a top rated bed and breakfast directory. He is an ardent food lover who counts Filipino, Thai and Spanish cuisine as his favorites. He also considers himself a chocoholic.
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 17, 2020
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2020
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 4, 2020