A special thanks to Ashley LeMieux for sharing this post and recipe!
Ever wonder why Popeye ate spinach for his strength? Well, there is a very good reason. Spinach is LOADED and I mean LOADED with good stuff. It is a great source of vitamins, such as Vitamin K, A, C, B2 and even B6, not to mention all the other things you get that are necessary for a healthy diet – omega 3, antioxidants, and so much more. I guess you could say “it does a body good”. The sad part is that it falls into the category of green stuff that kids, husbands and picky eaters won’t eat. So what is a mother to do? This trick works on my husband…so I figure it will work on kiddos too! I am seriously obsessed with this deliciousness!
- 1 box Manicotti
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 bag fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 container (15 oz) of ricotta cheese
- â…“ chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 t. salt
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook manicotti 7 minutes, drain and rinse. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over
medium heat. Add garlic and mushrooms; saute 5 minutes. Stir in spinach, cook 5
minutes, let it cool.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl. Stir in ricotta, basil and salt. Stir in mushroom mix
- Spread ¾ marina sauce over bottom of 13X9 in baking dish.
- Fill manicotti with baking mixture, place in dish.
- Pour remaining sauce evenly over filled shells, sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Uncover, and bake 5-10 min until cheese is melted.
My husband and I absolutely love this dish!
Recipe from BarillaUS.com
Ashley LeMieux is a freelance writer and also the founder of The Shine Project. Ashley is a advocate for doing your best and helping others. She also writes for My Baby Clothes Boutique a company that helps Ashley accomplish her goal. Come see the beautiful baby clothes, baby hats, tutus and more for your precious babies.
- 24 Meaty Slow Cooker Recipes: Dinner Choices For Your Family - October 23, 2020
- The Best Slow Cooker Soups—Ever - October 15, 2020
- 10 Slow Cooker Church Suppers: Some of our Favorites for Your Family - October 14, 2020