I would be lying if I didn’t say that peanut butter wasn’t one of my favorite foods. It’s tasty, nutritious, and one of my favorite comfort foods (what says lovin’ like a PB&J after school or after a tough day at the office). Peanut butter is economical. I don’t think I have paid full price for even my favorite brand of peanut butter; it’s always on sale and there is no shortage of cents-off coupons to eliminate the financial sting at the check out at the check-out. If Peanut butter is one of your favorites or your favorite curiosity you might be interested in the following:
1. The Process for making peanut butter was invented by John H. Kellogg (why no PB & J cornflakes?
2. Peanut butter can remove Super Glue and Airplane Glue from fabrics! (who knew?)
3. Gum in your hair? Remove gum from hair and clothes with peanut butter. (use generic!)
4. If you cook a pungent food (fish, cabbage, etc.) and your house reeks-throw a teaspoon of peanut butter into the offending pan (after dinner of course) and heat it. Voila! Odor gone!
5. Cats & dogs (and my parrots) opposed to taking their medicine? Hide it in a little ball of peanut butter and they might even beg for more. My cat likes Jif, my dog likes Skippy. No accounting for taste!
6. Bait mousetraps with peanut butter instead of cheese, they like it better. (use a have a heart trap of course and release the little creatures). Works for getting raccoons out from under the deck too. )
7. How many peanuts does it take to make an 18 ounce jar you ask? 850 of course!
8. March is National Peanut month which started in 1941.
9. What is the value of the U.S. peanut market? 800 MILLION dollars a year. (Save $400 million if you always use a half price coupon)!
10. Peanut Butter can be a direct replacement for butter in any recipe without hurting the texture-if you want to make the recipe a peanut butter theme!
11. Americans consume 700 MILLION pounds of peanuts annually.
12. So you think peanuts grow on trees? Heck no, they are legumes and grow under ground.
13. Peanut farmer? One acre of peanuts can produce 2,850 pounds of peanuts. You can make 30,000 PB&J sandwiches per acre for your closest family and friends!
14. Not less than 5 coronary artery studies show that consuming peanuts can lower your cholesterol!
15. Peanut butter as a health food? Peanuts contain resveratrol , an anti microbial that kills bacteria; niacin to protect against Alzheimer’s and has as many anti-oxidants as apples and carrots. I say, “Bring it!”
To receive a free e-book to save $1,000 a year at the Supermarket, sign up at www.JanLeasure.com and download the e-Coupon Encyclopedia.”