Pumpkins are quintessentially fall. They not only make spooktacular jack-o-lanterns for Halloween but also cheese cakes, pies and soups. While these tasty dishes make great lunch or dinner companions, there’s a way you can start your day with this supreme squash.
Here’s a delicious recipe for pumpkin pancakes courtesy of the Woolverton Inn located in Stockton, NJ. Now you can wake up on a brisk morning to the smell of pumpkin wafting through your home before driving out to see the foliage. How â€˜fall’ is that?
Recipe: Scrumptious Pumpkin Pancakes
By: courtesy of the Woolverton Inn, Stockton, NJ
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger & cloves to taste
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs (separated)
- 2 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin (1 15oz can)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 stick of melted butter, slightly cooled
- Whisk together flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- With a hand mixer or in a KitchenAid, whip egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Mix together buttermilk, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla and butter. Make a well in the dry ingredients and fold in buttermilk-pumpkin mixture; do not over mix. Gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Cook on a hot grill until bubbles form at the edges. Flip and cook 2 3 minutes more.
About the blogger:
Rich Rodriguez is the PR & Marketing Coordinator for BnBFinder.com, a top rated bed and breakfast directory. He is an ardent food lover who counts Filipino, Thai and Spanish cuisine as his favorites. He also considers himself a chocoholic.
To see more awesome pumpkin recipes, check out these 18 Perfect Pumpkin Recipes, Plus Best Pumpkin Casserole .
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- Halloween Candy Bark Recipe - October 15, 2019
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 12, 2019
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 11, 2019