The following is a guest post by Kira of Tip Hero.
The cheapest home bar, obviously, is no home bar. However, if you find yourself entertaining frequently (which, keep in mind, is a lot cheaper than nights out on the town), then a well-stocked bar may be essential. Learn how you can provide drinks for your guests (and yourself!) without breaking the bank:
- Keep It Simple: just stick to the basics, and keep in mind that when it comes to mixing cocktails, the most expensive bottle is not always the best bet. Check out this video for tips on what to procure for a simple, home bar (and keep in mind that you can get these items gradually when you see sales, not all at once!)
- Mixers Make the World Go Round: one bottle of each mixer you like will go a long way – and luckily, mixers are much cheaper than alcohol. She Knows staples include juices like cranberry, orange and pineapple, lemon and/or lime juices, and soda like lemon-lime soda, seltzer and tonic water.
- Add Condiments and Garnishes: these can be things that you already use in your cooking! Things like coarse salt, cocktail olives and onions, maraschino cherries and homemade simple syrup go a long way.
- Get the Essential Gadgets: things like a corkscrew, a bar spoon, a muddler, a Hawthorne strainer and a Boston shaker are cheap, one-time investments that will make your home bar infinitely better. You should be able to find these at most discount stores. Head here to learn more about these.
- Make Simple Yet Impressive Drinks: check out Frugal Living’s 10 Cheap Drinks to Make at Home and Save Money for some budget-friendly yet creative ideas.
What are some of your best tips for stocking a home bar on the cheap?
Latest posts by RecipeLion (see all)
- 15 No-Bake Cake Recipes: Cheesecakes, Icebox Cakes, and More for Any Occasion - July 8, 2020
- Your Guide to Homemade Hostess: Twinkie Recipes, Ho Hos, Ding Dongs & More - June 26, 2020
- 17 Summer BBQ Recipes For a Crowd - June 21, 2020