Thank you to our regular contributor Kristy from Mommy Hates Cooking for this awesome post on no bake recipes.
Taking a Break from Baking and Cooking
As temperatures soared to new heights this summer (by us), the motivation to use my oven or stove quickly dropped to new lows! Not only did I not want to use my oven or stove, but the slow cooker did not look very appealing either. That’s just not heard of around my house.
Although, I did not necessarily want to cook, I still had to feed my family as I am sure you all do. I quickly started to utilize many no bake recipes or no cook recipes that make cooking and baking simple in the heat of the summer. Even better, on those nights when I truly do not want to cook, they come in handy then too!
It is very simple to build an entire meal without cooking or baking, it may take a little creativity but it can be done.
Here is my list of the Top 10 No Bake and No Cook Recipes:
1. Hummus and Turkey Pinwheels These pinwheels are not only tasty but healthy and kid friendly. These quickly became a favorite in my family.
2. Crab Corn Salad – This salad offers a light refreshing taste with a little seafood goodness.
3. Smoked Salmon Bagel – This is a versatile recipe, where you can replace the salmon for traditional lunch meat as well. This makes it very family friendly.
4. No Bake Oatmeal Bars – A nice way to make breakfast or snack time simple and fast.
5. Corn Salsa with Tortilla Chips – I like to make my basic corn salsa and serve it with warm tortillas or tortilla chips. This can be used as a lunch or dinner.
6. Chilled Avocado Soup – I have yet to become a soup person in the summers; however, this is a chilled summer soup. It may be worth it to try!
7. Baby Greens with Tuna – This is likely to be one of my favorites. I love tuna salad and it can be utilized in so many ways. Tuna can be used on salad, sandwiches, or crackers.
8. Sunbutter Pie – Now, try a piece of this out on the back porch while the kids play. It’s heaven.
9. Chocolate No Bake Cookies – A classic that will always be loved and enjoyed.
10. Angel Fluff – This dish is light but filling. It’s a refreshing cherry delight.
Now that you have your list, and can successfully make dinner and dessert, shut off those ovens and cool off. Take a bite of sunbutter pie and relax because fall is just around the corner!
Kristy Still is the creator of Mommy Hates Cooking, wife to a loving husband and mother to an energy filled toddler. She realized after her son was born that her cooking skills were going to have to go up a notch to keep healthy food on the table for her family. There was only one problem, she hates cooking. She ended up making the decision to start her own blog as an attempt to find motivation and share her trials with others. To learn more about Kristy be sure to check out her featured foodie profile on RecipeLion.