This post comes to us from our friends at BnBfinder, a special thanks to Marisa for this great gluten-free recipe.
After you check out this awesome recipe below, feel free to check out this irresistible Easy Flour-less Chocolate Fudge Cake; another great idea for cutting out the gluten.
It can be hard to say â€œnoâ€ to sweet treats like soft and chewy fudge brownies or moist chocolate cake all the time! Who could blame you for giving in after smelling the aroma of those delectable goodies baking in the oven? But, when you do decide to dive in, it’s important to keep moderation in mind.
There are some tricks you can use to help shape up your eating habits while still spoiling yourself with some tasty goodness. You can cut out the butter and instead, use apple sauce or mashed bananas. You can even cut the sugar you use in half by adding different spices, extracts and flavoring to help boost the sweetness!
If you want to indulge in something delicious that you can feel good about, here’s a recipe for healthy Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake, courtesy of the Elm Cottage Bed & Breakfast, located in Searsport, ME.
Recipe: Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 cups brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups brown sugar
- egg replacer equivalent to two eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups soy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Soak raisins in hot water for 1/2 hour, then drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cocoa, and walnuts.
- In separate bowl cream oil, brown sugar, egg replacer, vanilla, soy yogurt and lemon juice.
- Fold in dry ingredients and raisins. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into an oiled 9 inch cake pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
This recipe was part of This Month’s Healthy Bite, check back at the end of the month for a round up of all the healthy baked goods recipes shared this month.
About the Blogger:
Marisa Santillo is the PR & Marketing Assistant for BnBFinder.com, a top rated bed and breakfast directory. She’s a connoisseur of all things sweet and salty and she loves to spend her time finding off-the-beaten-path restaurants and exploring her own hand in the kitchen. You can discover more innkeeper recipes here.
- Your Dump and Go Meal Plan - October 17, 2020
- 5 Reasons It’s Totally Okay to Eat Dessert for Breakfast - October 6, 2020
- 12 Healthy Casserole Recipes for Hectic Weeknights - October 4, 2020