A special thanks to our contributor Dawn Richards from D.M.R Fine Foods for this guest post featuring delicious homemade hummus and pita chips.
White Bean Hummus and Pita Chips
For a healthier and more flavorful take on the traditional chips-n-dip, white bean hummus and pita chips are the perfect alternative. And if you’re thinking that hummus and pita are too bland to hold your taste buds’ attention, you’ll have to think again after trying this recipe.
Chocked full of delicious flavors like lemon, garlic and olive oil, this hummus delivers a power punch in your mouth that will keep you coming back for more. Its smooth, creamy texture marries deliciously with the crunchy, herbaceous pita chips. In fact, it’s such a delicious combo that it can easily hold its own as an hors d’oeuvre or a simple, yet tasty, appetizer course.
So whether you’re in the mood for some delectable snacking or wanting to please a crowd, this elevated chips and dip recipe is sure to please.
Recipe: White Bean Hummus and Pita Chips
White Bean Hummus Ingredients:
- 1 (19-ounce) can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
Pita Chips Ingredients:
- whole pita rounds
- olive oil
- dried oregano
- Add the beans, garlic, lemon juice and a generous sprinkling of salt to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until chopped into a creamy consistency. With food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil and blend until mixed through.
- Check for seasoning. Garnish with herbs of choice and enjoy!
For Pita Chips:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice pita rounds in half and then into triangles. Arrange on a lined baking sheet. Lightly brush with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Bake for 8 minutes on one side; flip and bake for an additional 8 minutes until the pita slices are crispy and golden brown. Serve with the hummus and enjoy.
Cooking time: 16 minute(s)
— Dawn M. Richards
About the blogger:
Dawn M. Richards is the owner of the food brand, D.M.R. Fine Foods, an award-winning home chef, caterer, culinary instructor, blogger, minister of the Gospel and J.D., who works in the corporate arena as a Senior Commercial and Contracts professional. As an avid food lover, Dawn enjoys sharing her passion for all things culinary. Visit Dawn online at dmrfinefoods.blogspot.com to learn more.
See more fun appetizers and explore more tasty dip recipes here.