Hi there! Holly here from Club Crafted. Rice krispies treats are one of my favorite snacks, and it’s always my go-to choice at any vending machine, which is why I’m excited to share two Halloween rice krispies treats ideas that are perfect for both kids and adults!
These mummy and candy corn rice krispies treats are fun and relatively easy to make, and this short, simple rice krispies treats recipe is perfectly gooey. You don’t need anything special to make the decorations – just white chocolate and a regular plastic sandwich bag will do! Note, white chocolate will harden depending on the temperature of your workspace, but since it was very warm when I made these, the chocolate did not completely harden. I do not recommend storing rice krispies treats in the refrigerator, so your chocolate may not harden and that’s fine.
Ingredients (makes about about 14 treats):
- 5 tbsp butter
- 9-10 cups mini marshmallows (approx. 16 oz bag)
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 2 bags white chocolate chips
- Yellow and orange food coloring
- Black candy melts or eye candies
Line a large square pan (I prefer a 9 in x 13 in) with foil and set aside.
Poor the cereal into a large bowl and set aside. In a large saucepan on the stove, melt the butter on low heat. Once melted, add the marshmallows in batches and stir until melted. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and stir with a large spatula to combine.
Move the mixture to the prepared pan and press flat into the bottom and sized. I recommend using a spatula coated with cooking spray to press it without it sticking. Allow to sit at room temperature for about an hour to cool.
To make the mummy rice krispies treats:
- Remove the rice krispies treats from the pan once cool and cut into rectangles (note, if making both of mummies and candy corn, cut only half the batch). Place cut rectangles on a large piece of parchment at least 1 inch apart.
- Melt about ¾ bag of white chocolate chips on the defrost setting of your microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and replace for 30 seconds, repeating until chocolate is completely melted.
- Spread white chocolate on the rice krispies treats with a knife or spatula.
- Pour remaining chocolate into a small piping bag (or even regular sandwich bag) and cut the tip. In no particular pattern, zig zag piping the white chocolate over each piece until each is somewhat covered, as if wearing bandages.
- Allow to dry for about 30 minutes in a cool place. At this time, melt the black candy melts using the same melting instructions above or use eye candies to place eyes on the rice krispies treats, peaking out from the mummy bandages. Then they are ready to serve.
To make the candy corn rice krispies treats:
- Remove the rice krispies treats from the pan once cool and cut into very large squares, then cut diagonally to create triangles (note, if making both of mummies and candy corn, cut only half the batch). Place cut triangles on a large piece of parchment at least 1 inch apart.
- Melt 1 bag of white chocolate chips on the defrost setting of your microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and replace for 30 seconds, repeating until chocolate is completely melted. Divide the melted chocolate between 3 bowls. Leave one white, tint one orange and the other yellow.
- Move each color to a separate piping bag and cut off the tips. Pipe the white along the thin point of each treat, the orange on the middle and the yellow on the thick bottom.
- Allow to dry for 30 minutes in a cool place and they are ready to serve.
Serve for Halloween and watch them be devoured in minutes!
Latest posts by Holly Wade (see all)
- How to Make Crescent Roll Cinnamon Twists + Chocolate Dipping Sauce - January 11, 2019
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Fudge - January 9, 2019
- Cinnamon Meringue Cookies - December 12, 2018